Many people email me every week and ask me to tell them a little about the Support This Blog links I have listed on this site. So today I want to tell you a little about a cool photo sharing/storage site that I use that you might enjoy and also support this site in the process.
I’ve tried trial version of about a half-dozen photo sharing/storage sites and SMUGMUG is by far the best. There are numerous reasons why I LOVE SMUGMUG which I listed below. The age old saying is you get what you paid for. In the crowded field of online photo sharing services, SMUGMUG has been everything I ever needed and then some.
If you want to try out the service free for 14-days and get $5 off a new membership, use this link:
Hey, it’s free, and you don’t even need to provide a credit card. Why not try it?
Things I love about Smugmug and why I chose it over other competing services:
- They allow you to try the service free for 14 days. You can try EVERY feature they offer without any restrictions
- Your photos are safe and secure. They keep 4 backup copies of each photo in 3 states so you’ll always have access to them
- You can lock galleries with passwords to keep them private
- Smugmug doesn’t send you SPAM and there are NO ADS on the site
- You can share your photos with friends & family without them having to register with Smugmug
- A+ customer service. It’s fast, friendly, and professional
- Basic account offers UNLIMITED storage
- Prints can be ordered right from Smugmug. No need to get them ordered with a different company
- Comments, tags, keywords, and compatibility with blogs and forums – very convenient!
- Video clips are allowed with a Power User account
- Very helpful and friendly forum called “Digital Grin” who can answer just about any photo related question you can think of
- The company is FAMILY OWNED and not run by some internet conglomerate like Yahoo or Kodak
- Company has always been profitable so there’s no risk of them going out of business then you lose all your files