How To Support This Blog
Smugmug – Make your photos come alive. Try Smugmug free for 14 days and save $5 off a new account
Applian Technologies, Inc. This company has by far the best software for recording and/or editing audio. Great for recording The Daniel Ruth Show from the internet. See my FAQ page for info.
Wisconsin Cheeseman – Cheese, chocolates, sausage & meat, fruit & nut, spreads, logs, jams, jellies, and mustard. Lots of delicious products for you or as a wonderful gift.
Gourmet Cookie Bouquets – Dozens of fantastic cookie gift packages for just about any occasion you can think of. Baked fresh daily from Ohio.
Magazines Subscriptions – Almost every magazine in print at the lowest subscription price available.
Stuffed Animals.com – Hundreds of stuffed animals for just about anything you can think of. Makes a great gift for you or a friend. Bring a smile to someone’s face today.
Only Natural Pet Store – All natural and organic products for your pet. From food, treats, and vitamins to holistic remedies and flea & tick control.
Pet Nutrition Products – All products made in the U.S.A., unconditional 365 money back guarantee, and they donate 5% of profits to animal related causes.
Just 4 Pooches – A great assortment of everything to keep you dog and puppy healthy and happy.
The first question most people ask is why. Why should I support this blog? Hopefully you find this blog as a nice extension of the radio program and a great way to interact with other Daniel Ruth Show radio listeners or Tampa Tribune commentary readers. If so, great, I’m glad you enjoy it. Supporting this blog, via monetary donation or product/service referrals, helps me offset my out-of-pocket cost to maintain it. And since this is a NOT-FOR-PROFIT blog, I don’t pocket the extra money above what I incur to run it. Bottom line is, in the case of this blog, you can get something for nothing, but it’s very much appreciated if you help support it. It’s kind of like those NPR or independent radio station fund drives. You can listen for free, but paying for expenses has to come from somewhere. As an active duty military member with a family, I’m not rich. So although this blog is done voluntarily, I can only do it as long as my personal budget can support it.
Secondly, I DO use all excess donations (the amount above and beyond my out-of-pocket expenses) to support various charities. I’ll list the amount of the donations given out and who they were given to (And I’ll provide supporting documents to back this up). I’m not out to personally profit from this blog so I do the right thing and give the rest to charity. (See note 1 below)
Lastly, I will list a roll call thank you on this page for anyone who makes a monetary donation (only if you want your name/initials and city/state listed). This is just a small way for me to recognize those who support this blog.
- My direct costs include the extra space required to store items in this blog directory. WordPress charges me for this.
- Domain name (danielruthshow.com). The domain name makes it’s easier for people to find this blog and more accurately defines what it is. I get charged a fee each year for the domain name registration.
- Advertising expenses. To better promote this blog and get more people to interact with it and realize it exists, I have this blog linked to Google & Yahoo’s searches. They prominently display The Daniel Ruth Show Blog link and I get charged each time someone clinks on it (This applies to the side ads on the top or right of the search). I don’t get charged when someone clicks on the non-ad link but it’s difficult to get on a first page search result on most search engines. The ad link service helps to promote this blog and get more people involved.
- I electronically record, edit and archive all the audio from each and every Daniel Ruth Show. These costs include the software/hardware to record the shows, the software to edit out the commercials, and the service fee to store the MP3 files online. Online storage is better than do-it yourself options (hard drive, DVD, etc.) because I can access the files from any computer, wherever I am, and the company I use has much more sophisticated back-up hardware/software than I can afford. I don’t currently have authorization to stream, or provide copies of, past Daniel Ruth Shows but I hope to in the future. However, I can and regularly do use the archives as a way to go back and confirm what was said rather than have to remember everything from every Daniel Ruth. Fans often ask me to go back and check what and when something was said. I don’t currently give them the audio but I can at least confirm for them what was actually said.
Very easily, you can use the links at the top of this page.
- Use my Paypal link to make a small monetary donation. This is the best way to support. Paypal takes a cut and the rest can be used toward blog expenses or charity donations.
- The second way to support is to purchase something from one of my merchant referral links. They give me a referral kick-back when someone buys something. It’s not a lot but it’s better than nothing.
- The third way to support this blog is to join this blog as an author. The one-time $5 donation I ask for supports this blog.
Here are the charities who have received a monetary donation so far
As of 2/4/2007 donations went to:
$10 – Boys and Girls Clubs of Tampa Bay
$10 – Humane Society of North Pinellas
Here is the roll call Thank You
Joshua Brant – Brandon, FL
Michelle Sissel – Clearwater, FL